Dripping with Pearls Cake
Shimmering pearl-look bands and bunches of fresh flowers provide color and texture on this perfect style for weddings or anniversaries.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list White Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 64.
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Petal Pan Set (15 inch pan used)Easy-Add Petal Pan Set Add to shopping list Petal Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 16 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Crystal-Look Bowl Add to shopping list Crystal-Look Bowl
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Waxed paper
- Plastic ruler
- Fresh Flowers
In advance: Make 530 puddle dots, 3/8 in. diameter, on waxed paper-covered board using thinned royal icing and tip 4. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry overnight.
Also: Make fondant strips. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using knife, cut 3/8 in. wide strips in the following lengths: For 6 in. cake, cut six each 3 1/2 in. and 2 in. and twelve 2 3/4 in. long; for 15 in. petal, cut eight 3 in. and sixteen each 1 3/4 and 2 1/4 in. long. Attach puddle dots to all strips with dots of icing. Brush strips and remaining puddle dots with Pearl Dust. Let dry on waxed paper-covered board.
And: Prepare base board. Cover with 24 oz. of fondant and set aside.
Bake and cool 2-layer petal and round cakes (bake two 6 in. cakes 2 1/2 in. high for a 5 in. high cake). Ice cakes smooth and prepare for Stacked Construction. Divide 6 in. cake into 6ths and attach a 3 1/2 in. strip at each division point with tip 4 dots of icing. Attach a 2 3/4 strip, on each side of 3 1/2 in. strip, 1/2 in. apart. In each open section, attach a 2 in. strip. For 15 in. petal cake, attach a 3 in. fondant strip at center of each petal; attach a 2 1/4 in. strip on each side of the 3 in. strip, 3/8 in. apart. Attach a 1 3/4 in. strip next to each 2 1/4 in. strip, 3/8 in. apart.
Pipe tip 5 bead bottom borders. Attach remaining puddle dots around edge of base board with tip 4 dots of icing.
At reception: Insert flower spikes with flowers. Position bowl on cake and arrange fresh flowers.