Dream Dollhouse Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriters™ Neon Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- mini marshmallows
- 2 packages oval mini breath mints
Cake serves 20.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up House Pan Add to shopping list Stand-Up House Pan
- Easy-Add 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 5 in. Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Medium Cookie Pan Add to shopping list Medium Cookie Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 7 Add to shopping list Tip: 7
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 103 Add to shopping list Tip: 103
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Leveler Add to shopping list Cake Leveler
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- 12 x 20 x 1/2 in. foamcore board
- 1/2 in. wide ribbon (64 inches)
- Waxed paper
Several days in advance: Make royal icing flowers. Make 35 each in violet, pink and yellow using tip 13; add tip 1 dot centers. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Also: Make candy shell and panels for back half of house. Brush melted candy over inside of house pan to make a 3-D candy shell 3/8 in. thick; chill and repeat as needed. Refrigerate until completely set; unmold carefully.
Use cookie sheet to mold a sheet of candy 1/4 in. thick. Unmold and bring to room temperature. Use patterns and warm knife to cut upper floor of main house plus 2 each side wall, back wall and ceiling sections for kitchen and dining room (reverse pattern for 2nd piece) and a 1 x 6 in. rectangle.
And: Make your furniture.
Furnish your house in a rainbow of fondant colors! Tint fondant as follows: 4 oz. each pink, yellow, ivory, light brown; 6 oz. each dark brown, blue. Make 4 legs for each table and chair: 3/8 in. high for living room table; 5/8 in. high for dining room table; 3/8 in. high for each dining chair. Roll a 1/4 in. high base for bedroom lamp. Let dry.
In the bedroom: Shape a 1 1/2 x 2 x 3/4 in. high block for bed. Roll out pink fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a 2 1/2 in. square for bedspread and attach. Cut a 1 3/4 x 1/4 x 11/8 in. high block for headboard; attach. Shape and attach 2 pillows, 5/8 x 3/8 x 1/4 in. Shape a 7/8 x 1/2 x1 in. high block for dresser and a 5/8 x 1/2 x 1/2 in. high block for nightstand. Use knife to score lines for drawers. Roll a 1/4 in. high vase. Roll a 3/4 in. diameter ball for lamp shade; taper top and flatten.
In the kitchen: Shape a 1 x 5/8 x 1 3/4 in. high refrigerator, 7/8 x 3/4 x 3/4 in. high stove base (attach a thin 7/8 in. square to back), 2 x 5/8 x 3/4 in. high back cabinets, 1 1/8 x 1/4 x 3/4 in. high floor cabinets and 1 x 1/8 x 1 in. high wall cabinets (for back and side). Use knife to score lines for doors and drawers. Roll small amount of blue 1/16 in. thick. Cut an L-shaped countertop.
In the living room: Shape 1 3/4 x1 3/4 in. block that tapers from 1/2 to 1/4 in. thick; bend into L-shaped sofa and score lines for cushions. Shape a 7/8 x 15/8 in. block that tapers from 1/2 to 1/4 in. thick; bend into L-shaped chair and score lines for cushions. Shape a 1/2 x 5/8 x 1/4 in. high block for ottoman; score lines for cushion. Cut a 1 x 3/4 x 1/8 in. thick tabletop; attach legs. Roll small amount of fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut 1 1/4 x 7/8 in. high picture frames with smaller white overlays; draw pictures using FoodWriters.
In the dining room: Roll out brown fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 1 x 3/4 in. rectangle for tabletop; attach legs with royal icing. Cut a 7/8 x 15/8 in. rectangle for each chair (make extras if company is expected!). Bend to shape; attach legs. Cut 1/2 x 7/8 in. high picture frames with smaller white overlays; if desired, paint pictures using FoodWriters. Roll a 3/4 in. ball; flatten slightly and indent center for vase.
Add royal icing details: Use tip 1 to pipe dot knobs on bedroom furniture, kitchen cabinets and stove; pipe outline stove handle and burners; pipe lines on lamp shade. Use tip 3 to pipe refrigerator handles. Attach lamp base to nightstand and shade to base. Attach bedroom vase to dresser and drop flower to top. Add drop flowers to dining room vase; pipe tip 349 leaves.
Now let's build your dream house: Bake and cool house cake and loaf cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake.
Trim house to 2 1/2 in. deep. Raise cake up slightly by attaching 1 x 6 in. candy strip underneath front side of house with melted candy.
Attach candy house shell at backside of cake house using melted candy. Cut loaf cake to make 2 rectangles, 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3 in. high. Attach one half on each side of cake house, lining up at front. Use melted candy to attach prepared candy panels to candy shell at back of house. Attach upper floor inside house candy shell. Attach back and side walls to house. Attach ceiling panels; let set.
For outside of house: Use toothpicks to mark details. Large windows at left, right and on both sides of house are 2 x 1 1/2 in. high; shutters are 3/4 x 1 1/2 in. high.
Ice smooth roof, decks, door and all window areas.
For inside of house: Rooms are lined with fondant rolled 1/8 in. thick. Brush back with damp brush and attach. Ceilings are white, walls are assorted colors (pink, yellow, beige and blue), floors are brown (score lines with knife every 1/4 in. for hardwood look).
Add royal icing details. Use tip 3 to outline and pipe in windows: 1 x 1 in. high in bedroom; 1 x 1 1/4 in. high in living room; 1 3/8 x 1 1/4 in. high in kitchen and dining room; 1 x 1 1/4 in. high for kitchen and dining room side walls. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Pipe tip 3 drapes. Use tip 3 to outline and pipe in door; smooth with finger. Use tip 3 to outline door frame and pipe dot door knob and bead heart window (flatten with finger). Attach strips of fondant to outside edges to hide seams.
Using tip 3, pipe drapes; outline and fill in shutters then overpipe for dimension (smooth top layer with finger dipped in cornstarch); pipe bead hearts on shutters. Use tip 7 to outline door and window, pipe dot doorknob.
Cover house front and sides with tip 7 bricks; pat smooth. Pipe tip 3 zigzag over roof peak. Pipe tip 103 scallops on roof and eaves. Pipe tip 7 outline around decks; position upright mini mints every 1/4 in. Pipe tip 7 outline over top of mints to complete railing. Use fondant to shape front steps; ice smooth. Pipe cobblestone walk with tip 7 balls (flatten with finger).
Spatula ice grass areas. For bushes, line house and walkway with mini marshmallows; cover with tip 233 pull-out leaves. Pipe tip 16 pull-out star trees (work from bottom up). Attach flowers to bushes and under windows; trim with tip 349 leaves. Add ribbon around base board.
Position furniture inside and start the housewarming party!
*Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown. Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.