Docile Dragon Cake
This cheerful creature looks like he’s ready to take flight, thanks to cleverly arranged treats. Use our patterns to cut cookie appendages that transform a Football Pan cake into a dimensional dragon.
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lavender Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Lavender Colored Sugar
Cake serves 12; cookies each serves 1.
- Easy-Add First and Ten Football Pan Add to shopping list First and Ten Football Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 45 Add to shopping list Tip: 45
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Dragon Patterns
- Paring Knife
In advance, roll out cookie dough and use patterns to cut 4 front legs, 3 large spikes, 2 each: back legs, heads, tails, wings and 1 arm.
Tint remaining dough violet, roll out and cut 11 small spikes and 4 each: large and medium spikes.
Sprinkle spikes with lavender sugar. Bake and cool all cookies.
Attach a 4 in. lollipop stick to front wing cookie with melted Candy Melts®. Let dry.
Bake and cool cake; position on cake board. For a 3-D effect on cake, sandwich duplicate front leg, back leg, head and tail cookie pieces with icing; position on cake.
Ice eyes, nose and mouth smooth with spatula. Pipe lines on chest and belly with tip 45.
Randomly pipe tip 16 dark green star spots on dragon; cover remainder of dragon with tip 16 light green stars.
Use tip 16 to overpipe stars on muzzle, back legs and eyebrows. Cover both wings with tip 16 stars.
Position back wing and insert front wing in cake. Prop up front wing with 3 plain large spike cookies, securing with icing.
Prop up front wing with 3 plain large spike cookies, securing with icing. Position arm and cover with tip 16 stars. Position spikes on cake.
**Note: Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown. Combine Leaf Green and Lemon Yellow for dark green shown. Use Kelly Green alone for light green shown. Combine Violet and Rose for violet shown.