Do the Locomotion Cake
It’s the little train that could make any kid’s birthday unforgettable! Fondant makes it easy to create the great 3-D mountain effect.
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-to-Use Pastel Blue Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-to-Use Pastel Blue Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Natural Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Bold Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serve 28.
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Alphabet/Number Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rainbow Lattice Candles Add to shopping list Rainbow Lattice Candles
Wrap a 12 in. cake circle in foil and trace a 10 in. circle in the center. Brush outside the circle with Piping Gel and cover brushed area with light brown fondant. Draw tracks 1/2 in apart with black FoodWriter. Cover 2-layer cake with fondant.
Add a little white fondant to green; cut fondant mountains with straight-edge wheel of Cutter/Embosser and attach with damp brush. Cut fondant cars with square Cut-Outs-2 large for engine, 1 medium for center and back cars. Trim 3/4 in. off engine squares and 3/8 in. off center car. Attach all with damp brush, 1 in. apart, with center and back cars 1/2 in. from bottom. Cut strips for axles, train linkage, stripes, roof and floors; attach. For cowcatcher and smokestack, cut squares using smallest Cut-Out and cut triangle shapes; attach. Cut windows with smallest square Cut-Out (trim as needed) and wheels with small and medium round Cut-Outs; attach. Roll small balls for wheel centers and candleholders; attach. Roll various size balls for smoke clouds; flatten and attach. Cut message using alphabet Cut-Outs; attach. Position candles.