Diploma Dream Mini Cake
- Easy-Add Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray Add to shopping list Bake Easy™ Non-Stick Spray
- Buttercream icing or favorite filling
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- corn syrup
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll Pan Add to shopping list 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. Jelly Roll Pan
- Easy-Add Non-Stick Parchment Paper Add to shopping list Non-Stick Parchment Paper
- Cellophane wrap
- Sharp Knife
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Numerals Candy Mold Add to shopping list Numerals Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
In advance, mold candy numbers using layering method. Refrigerate until firm; unmold. Prepare candy clay recipe using red candy; set aside. Prepare jelly roll recipe, following instructions below:
Line two 10 1/2 x 15 1/2 in. jelly roll pans with Non-Stick Parchment Paper and spray with Wilton Bake Easy Non-Stick Spray. Divide Jelly Roll Sponge Cake batter between the 2 pans; batter will be thin. Bake following instructions; immediately remove cake from pan, peel off parchment paper and roll tightly lengthwise in clean towel. Rolled cake should measure 15 1/2 in. long x 1 ½ in. diameter; let cool.
Unroll cake and fill with buttercream or favorite filling. Re-roll cake. Wrap in cellophane and freeze.
Cut frozen jelly roll into 31/2 in. lengths.
Roll out candy clay and cut into 1/2 in. wide x 5 in. long strip; wrap around cake. Cut second strip 3 in. wide, bend in half to form bow; attach to ribbon on cake with melted candy. Roll and attach small ball for knot on bow.
Attach numbers with buttercream. One recipe makes 4 cakes.