Diaper Downpour! Cake
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add White Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list White Cake Sparkles™
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cakes ´N More 3 Tier Party Stand Add to shopping list Cakes ´N More 3 Tier Party Stand
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Sharp Knife
- Rainbow and Cloud Patterns
In advance: Make fondant rainbows. Tint 72 oz. fondant blue, 6 oz. each yellow, rose, green and violet. Add 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex to 6 oz. of each color.
Trace large and small rainbow patterns onto cardboard; cut out and shape boards into curves. Large rainbow curve should be 2 in. deep, small curve should be 1 in. deep.
Roll out blue fondant 1/8 in. thick. Brush cardboard lightly with piping gel; cover rainbows with fondant, wrapping around edges.
Divide rainbows in 4ths; roll out other colors 1/8 in. thick and cut strips for rainbow sections. Attach strips with damp brush; let dry on sides.
Also: Make fondant umbrellas. Roll out reserved fondant from rainbows 1/8 in. thick. Cut circles using largest Cut-Out. Cut in half and make scalloped edge using smallest Cut-Out.
Score rib lines with knife. Roll a small fondant ball for top button; attach with damp brush. Let dry. Attach umbrellas to lollipop stick with melted candy.
And: Make fondant babies. Tint 20 oz. fondant copper. Roll a 1 1/4 in. ball for body, a 3/4 in. ball for head and 1/2 in. balls for legs and arms.
Attach head to body with damp brush. Shape legs and feet, adjusting for sitting or standing babies; attach. Shape logs for arms; cut slits for fingers and attach.
For umbrella handles, cut lollipop sticks to 3 in.; insert through arm and into body, leaving 1 1/2 in. extending. For standing babies, insert a 3 in. lollipop stick through leg, leaving 1 1/2 in. extending.
Prepare 3 in. high round cakes for rolled fondant. Cover cakes with blue fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Position on stand.
Roll white fondant balls in various sizes for cloud bottom border; attach with damp brush. Roll out white fondant 1/16 in. thick; cut into strips and cover clouds, shaping with fingers.
For cake side clouds, roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick; using patterns, cut cloud shapes and attach with damp brush.
Position rainbows, with small rainbow between 6 and 8 in. cake and large rainbow between 8 and 10 in. cake. Insert standing babies in cakes; position other babies on rainbow.
*Combine Violet and Rose for violet shade shown. Combine Lemon Yellow and Leaf Green for green shade shown.