Diamonds are Forever Cake
A dramatic shape for impressive tiered cakes. Create this contemporary look for weddings, showers, anniversaries and more—the unique diamond shape is a stunning foundation for rolled fondant (as shown here).
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
Cake serves 98.
- Easy-Add Diamond Pan Set Add to shopping list Diamond Pan Set
- Easy-Add Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set Add to shopping list Step-Saving Rose Bouquet Flower Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Shaping Foam Add to shopping list Shaping Foam
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- 24-gauge white cloth florist wire
- Double-thick Cardboard or 1/2 in. thick Foam Core Board
- Utility knife
Several days in advance, make 6 to 8 gum paste roses using large cutter from set. Make 10 to 12 green leaves on wires according to instructions in book. Set aside to dry.
Cut foam core one inch larger all around using largest pan as a guide. Brush foam core with pipe gel and cover with white fondant; set aside.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for stacked construction and to be covered with fondant. Cover cakes with yellow fondant. Stack cakes on fondant-covered board. Using pan as a guide, cut panels of white fondant 1/8 in. thick and 4 in. high down to 1 in. high. Length with varying depending on cake size. Attach white fondant panels to sides of cake with damp brush and seam edges together. Cut strips of fondant 1/16 in. thick x 1/4 in. wide. Attach to fondant panels with damp brush, trim panel, space approximately 3/4 in. to 1 in. apart. Form a 2 x 1/2 in. fondant base for flowers and leaves. Position 6 flowers and 10 leaves on cake.
Cake serves 116 as a party cake. If used as a wedding cake, the top tier is traditionally saved for the first anniversary and the number of servings does not include the top tier; in that case it will serve 98.