Destination Fun! Cake
We’ve got lift-off! Build a lively hued rocket ship by reshaping a Baby Bottle Pan cake with window, wing and exhaust pipe cookies and piped-icing details.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
large spice drops
Cake serves 12: each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Baby Bottle Pan Add to shopping list Baby Bottle Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Fondant Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- 1/4 in. foam core
In advance, make cookie patterns. Cut 2 windows, 4 wings (reverse 2) and 4 exhaust pipes. Bake and cool. Sandwich two sets of wings and exhaust pipes with buttercream icing. Pipe tip 6 detail lines on both. Set aside.
Bake and cool cake. Build up nipple section of bottle with icing to form cone shape. Ice bottle area smooth with spatula to fill in gaps. Use toothpick to mark pattern for door and windows. Center door is 1 in. from neck of bottle. Place windows 5/8 in. each from door. Mark center line on cone. Measure 2 in. place mark on bottle neck and draw line with toothpick from 2 in. mark diagonally to center tip to form diagonal lines. Pipe lines on cone of rocket with tip 6. Ice door and windows smooth and outline with tip 6. Add tip 21 zigzags to bottom area of cone. Add candy-coated chocolate details. Add large spice drop to top of rocket. Add cookie wings and exhaust pipes.
*Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.