Delivering Good Wishes Cake
This candle-decked semi lights up a road warrior’s special day. Construct the truck cake from Long Loaf Pan and Mini Loaf Pan cakes, and add a sweet salutation using letters formed in our Alphabet Candy Mold.
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Red Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Green Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Green Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Blue Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Blue Candy Melts® Candy
Chocolate sandwich cookies
Cake serves 19.
- Easy-Add Long Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Long Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Mini Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Easy-Add Alphabet Candy Mold Add to shopping list Alphabet Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Icing Comb Set Add to shopping list Icing Comb Set
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Assorted Celebration Candles Add to shopping list Assorted Celebration Candles
- Waxed paper
- 5 craft blocks 1 1/2 in. high x 1 in. wide x 3 3/4 in. long
Cover craft blocks with foil. Cut cake board 3 3/4 in. wide x 19 in. long and cover with foil. Attach craft blocks to cake board with melted candy. Set aside.
In advance, mold candy balloons in Candy Melting Plate. Mold candy message letters in Alphabet Candy Mold. To make balloon strings, pipe freehand on waxed paper covered board with melted candy in cut parchment bags. Refrigerate all candy pieces until set. Unmold and set aside.
Bake and cool 3 mini loaves and 1 long loaf cake. Place long loaf on cake board and ice smooth. Use yellow blades in Icing Sculptor™ to smooth sides of trailer.
Stack 2 mini loaves for front cab and 1 for engine; ice smooth with spatula. Outline and pipe-in tip 3 windows (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Outline and pipe-in front bumper with tip 3 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe-in front grill with tip 2.
Pipe tip 3 hubcaps on cookies and attach to craft blocks with melted candy.
Attach candy balloons, strings and message to truck with icing. Position candles.
*Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shade shown.
**Brand confectionery coating.