Dedication To Mom Cake
Cultivate a tantalizingly textured treat for Mom. Surround a cake covered in quilted fondant with a lush bed of gum paste roses shaped with a tulip cutter from our Floral Collection Flower Making set.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Non-toxic pastel chalk
Cake serves 30.
- Oval Pan Set 13 x 9 7/8 in. pan usedEasy-Add Oval Pan Set Add to shopping list Oval Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Set Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Set
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Green florist tape
- 22-gauge fabric-covered florist wire
- Pizza wheel
- Tea Strainer
- Craft knife
In advance, make 100 gum paste rose petals: Tint ½ recipe gum paste rose; roll thin and cut with tulip cutter from flower making set.
Cut petals apart, keeping them covered as you work. Place one petal on foam, roll edges thin and curl with modeling stick.
Place on cornstarch-dusted flower former to dry overnight. When dry, grate chalk through tea strainer and brush lightly on petals.
Tint reserved gum paste ¼ green and ¾ rose. Following flower making set instructions, make a full rose with an extra row of 9 petals, using rose gum paste. Let dry.
Cut green leaves following instructions; let dry.
Prepare and cover 2-layer cake (bake two 1½ in. high layers for 3 in. high cake) with fondant. Score lattice pattern, 1 in. wide, on sides with pizza wheel.
Pipe tip 3 bead bottom border. Position petals around base of cake. Add tip 2 message.
Wrap florist wire with tape for stem; attach wired leaves with florist tape. Position stem and rose.