Dead Head Skull Cake
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Brown Icing Color (Combine Copper with Brown for skin tone shown)Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Periwinkle Blue Color Dust Add to shopping list Periwinkle Blue Color Dust
- Easy-Add White Color Dust Add to shopping list White Color Dust
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Chocolate Brown Color Dust Add to shopping list Chocolate Brown Color Dust
- Easy-Add Red Color Dust Add to shopping list Red Color Dust
Cake serves 12.
Bake and cool cake according to package directions. Prepare buttercream icing. Ice a thin layer of icing over cake with spatula.
Create facial features. Use fondant to build up features, such as the nose, cheekbones and chin. Ice cake with another layer of icing.
Tint 40 oz. of fondant skin tone. Cover cake with fondant.
Use veining tool from set to make indentions for wrinkles and facial features.
Make ears. Use 1 1/4 in. ball of fondant per ear. Shape with hand and ball/veining tool from set. Attach to head with damp brush.
Make eyes. Use 1 1/2 oz. of white fondant. Roll out two balls of white fondant, 1 in. dia. Attach to sockets with damp brush.
Roll out skin tone fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut out two strips, each 1 in. long x 3/8 in. wide, for eyelids, and two strips, each 1 in. long x 1/4 in. wide, for bottom lids. Attach to eyeball with damp brush and use veining tool to blend into skin.
Paint the iris with a mixture of lemon extract and periwinkle blue and white Color Dust. For pupil, add black icing color to the periwinkle/lemon extract mixture and paint.
Make lips and eyebrows. Use 1/2 oz. white fondant. Roll two loops, each 4 in. x 1/8 in. dia. for lips.
Use 1/4 oz. of gray fondant. Roll two loops, each 2 in. x 1/4 in. dia. for eyebrows.
Attach to face with damp brush; flatten slightly. Use knife to score lines. Dust with white Color Dust.
Make teeth. Use 1 oz. white fondant. Roll out 1/16 in. thick. Cut out in different shapes and sizes. Attach to face with damp brush. Dust with brown, white and red Color Dust.
Make bloody wound. Use a damp brush to moisten area. Use veining tool to dig section. Mix red Color Dust with a small amount of black icing color. Paint wound using dark red Color Dust/lemon extract mixture.
Dust wrinkle indents with brown and white Color Dust.