Dazzling Dimensions! Cake
This capricious confection strikes a summery note, thanks to a hot-hued palette and flowery forms. Decorate a Dimensions Cascade Pan cake with fondant flowers shaped with the Floral Collection Flower Making Kit.
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Cascade Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Cascade Pan
- Easy-Add Mini Ball Pan Add to shopping list Mini Ball Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Blossom Nesting Cookie Cutter Set Add to shopping list Blossom Nesting Cookie Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add 12 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 12 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Pastry Brush Add to shopping list Pastry Brush
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- 20 gauge florist wire
- Florist tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Waxed paper
- Craft knife
Approximately 1 week in advance, make fun flowers, leaves and scrolls: Tint 1/2 recipe of gum paste green; divide remaining recipe in thirds and tint rose, violet and yellow.
Make the following fun flowers: 2 solid rose blossoms, 1 lemon/rose blossom, 1 full-bloom solid yellow blossom and 2 violet daisies. Make 5 leaves: roll out green gum paste; and cut leaves using pattern and craft knife; let dry several days on cornstarch-dusted flower formers. Pipe tip 2 swirls on leaves with royal icing. Make 6 scrolls: Roll green logs, 1/4 in. diameter x 10 in. long; shape into scrolls and let dry on cornstarch-dusted waxed paper. Using hot glue, attach leaves to wire wrapped in florist tape; attach scrolls to 3 in. pieces of wire. Let dry.
Prepare cake for rolled fondant by brushing with apricot glaze. Tint 3 packages of fondant as follows: 1 package green, 1/2 pk. yellow; divide remaining 1 1/2 packages. into 5ths and tint violet, rose, orange and blue; reserve 1/5 white. Using patterns, cut fondant panel pieces and attach to cake sections one at a time. Tape two cake circles together and cover with green fondant. Cut fondant strips in various colors, 1/8 in. wide by 11 in. long; attach to center and edges of each panel with brush dipped in water. Roll small fondant balls, 7 in each color, and attach with water to center strips. Cut orange fondant flowers using forget-me-not cutter from flower making set; attach to cake with water. Add tip 2 royal icing dot centers. Roll 3/4 in., 1/2 in. and 3/8 in. diameter white fondant balls and attach at bottom border. Fill center of cake with remaining fondant; insert flowers, leaves and scrolls on wires.