Dazzling Day Cake
Can't-miss color creates the perfect birthday design! Start with delicate sponge effects in violet on a fondant-covered cake. Add a rainbow of fondant balloons, gift boxes, confetti and streamers on top with a bold ball border — such fun! Watch our online video.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
Cake serves 30.
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother (optional)Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 6 in. Cake Circle
- Quick Ease Roller or Rolling PinEasy-Add Quick Ease Roller Add to shopping list Quick Ease Roller
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Candy Melting Plate Add to shopping list Candy Melting Plate
- Plastic wrap or waxed paper
Bake and cool a single layer 10 x 3-inch round cake. Place cooled cake on foil-covered cake board. Prepare for fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cake with white rolled fondant; smooth. Thin a small portion of buttercream icing with water; tint violet. Position 6 in. cake circle on cake top; lightly sponge remainder of cake top and sides with thinned icing using crumbled plastic wrap or waxed paper.
For all fondant decorations, lighten yellow, blue, green, orange and pink fondant in multi-pack by combining with white fondant. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick.
Using all 3 sizes of square Cut-Outs, cut fondant cake tiers; trim as necessary to create cake. Attach to cake top with damp brush.
Shape fondant "frosting" strips; position on cut-out fondant cake with damp brush. Roll a thin fondant piece for candle; attach with damp brush
Cut fondant using medium square Cut-Out; trim into rectangle shapes. Attach to cake with damp brush.
Mold balloons by pressing fondant into melting plate cavities dusted with cornstarch; immediately unmold and attach to cake with damp brush. Cut thin strips for gift ribbon and bow and balloon strings; attach with damp brush.
To make streamers, roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut into thin strips in lengths from 3 to 5 in. long; wrap loosely around lollipop stick. Let set 15-20 minutes then slide off and attach to cake with buttercream.For confetti, dip tip 12 in cornstarch; cut dots and attach to cake with damp brush.For bottom border, roll 3/4 in. balls of fondant in various colors; attach with buttercream. Pipe tip 4 buttercream message.