Day of Dedication Cake
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 40.
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 129 Add to shopping list Tip: 129
- Easy-Add Tip: 131 Add to shopping list Tip: 131
- Easy-Add Tip: 233 Add to shopping list Tip: 233
- Easy-Add Communion Girl Topper or other topper Add to shopping list Communion Girl Topper or other topper
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add 14 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 14 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Waxed paper
Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown. In advance: Make color flow fence posts (27 needed), church, roof, cross and bushes (3 of each needed) using patterns. Also make a 1 1/2 in. diameter circle base for girl topper in color flow. Make extras of all pieces to allow for breakage and let dry.
When dry, attach a lollipop stick to connect cross and church using royal icing. Cut 2 sticks to 8 1/2 in. and attach to church, leaving 3 in. extended to insert in cake.
Cut sticks to 3 1/2 in. and attach to bushes, leaving 2 in. extended to insert in cake. Let all dry. Attach roof to church with royal icing; let dry.
Using full-strength color flow, outline windows and door with tip 3 (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Add tip 3 door and window peaks, window sills and doorstep; pipe tip 2 dots around windows and doors. Using tinted piping gel in cut parchment bags, pipe in stained glass windows. Let set.
Also in advance: Using royal icing, make 35 tip 129 yellow drop flowers and 25 tip 131 rose drop flowers. Add tip 2 dot centers to all. Let dry.
Ice 2-layer cake smooth (bake two 1 1/2 in. layers to make a 3 in. high cake). Position on silver base. Attach fence posts to cake sides, 1/2 in. apart, with buttercream. Pipe tip 233 pull-out grass bottom border. Insert church and bushes in cake top. Attach drop flowers with buttercream. Position topper with color flow base.