Stand-Up Cuddly Be…
Dapper Dude Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- coconut marshmallows, toasted
- Pretzel rods
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 17 Add to shopping list Tip: 17
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Freezer paper
At least 48 hours in advance: Make fondant hat and broom. Let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted board.
To make hat: Mix green fondant from Primary Colors Multi Pack with 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex™, roll out 1/8 in. thick. For brim, cut a 5 in. circle with a 2 1/4 in. circle cut out at center. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board. Cut a 3 in. circle for top of hat and turn over.
For hat sides, cut a 10 x 2 in. strip; wrap around top of hat, attach with thinned fondant adhesive. Support inside with double-thick strip of freezer paper, facing shiny side toward fondant. Let dry overnight. Remove freezer paper and attach hat to brim with thinned fondant adhesive.
For hatband, roll out red fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut a 10 x 1/2 in. strip; attach with damp brush. Let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted board.
To make broom: Mix yellow fondant from Primary Colors Multi Pack with 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex™. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut an 8 x 2 in. strip; with scissors, cut 1 1/4 x 1/8 in. fringe.
Wrap a 1 1/2 x 1/2 in. log around tip of pretzel rod, extending 1 in. beyond end. Brush back of fringed fondant with damp brush and wrap around pretzel end, shaping into broom. Let dry overnight on cornstarch-dusted board.
Bake cake using firm-textured batter such as pound cake; let cool. Trim off ears and arm area near face. Pipe tip 8 ball eyes and cheeks (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 3 dot pupils and outline mouth.
For nose, combine a small amount of red fondant with yellow; shape into a 1 in. cone. Cut a lollipop stick to 3 in. and insert in bottom of nose; insert in cake.
Build up arms with tip 12. Cover cake and overpipe arms and cheeks with tip 17 stars. Position broom in hand area; overpipe hand with tip 12 and cover with tip 17 stars.
For pipe, trim lollipop stick to 3 in; insert stick into marshmallow. Tint a small amount of vanilla black and brush on stick; let dry.
Insert into cake. Position hat.