Daisies Go Crazy Cake
Spring is bursting out all over with these blooming fondant daisies in neon colors. The addition of a trio of Shimmer Dust makes our 2-layer confection shine. Make fondant flowers and leaves 2-3 days in advance; let dry. Just bake and decorate the cake on party day.
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add White Icing Writer™ Add to shopping list White Icing Writer™
- Easy-Add Bright Shimmer Dust™ Add to shopping list Bright Shimmer Dust™
- Easy-Add Primary Shimmer Dust™ Add to shopping list Primary Shimmer Dust™
- Easy-Add Elegant Shimmer Dust™ Add to shopping list Elegant Shimmer Dust™
Cake serves 18.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Daisy Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Daisy Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 22-gauge cloth-covered florist wire
At least 2-3 days in advance: Make fondant flowers and leaves.
Roll out neon fondant colors 1/8 in. thick and cut 11 each medium and large flowers using daisy Cut-Outs. Tint 1 oz. white fondant green, roll 1/8 in. thick and cut 10 leaves using medium Cut-Out.
Let flowers and leaves dry on cornstarch-dusted surface. When dry, brush flowers and leaves with water and sprinkle with Shimmer Dust to match colors; let dry. Attach medium daisy to center of large daisy with thinned fondant adhesive.
Roll small white balls of fondant and attach for flower centers with damp brush; let dry. Cut 3 florist wires to 13 in., 3 to 10 in., 2 to 9 in. and 3 to 8 in. When dry, attach flowers and leaves to florist wires with thinned fondant; set aside.
Prepare 3-layer cake (two 2 in. and one 1 in. high to make a 5 in. high cake) for rolled fondant by lightly icing with buttercream. Cover cakes with white fondant; smooth with Easy-Glide Smoother. Combine remaining violet fondant from flowers with white fondant to equal 15 oz.; add a small amount of violet icing color for shade used on embossed stripes.
Tint 5 oz. white fondant with Royal Blue icing color for shade used on smooth stripes. Roll out violet fondant 3/16 in. thick; using Cutter/Embosser with 2 straight-edge cutters and 2 striped embossing wheels (no spacers), cut 8 double-wide strips, 5 in. long. Roll out blue fondant 3/16 in. thick; using 2 straight-edge cutters and one 1/3 in. spacer, cut 8 smooth strips, 5 in. long. Attach strips, alternating blue and violet, to cake sides with damp brush.
For bottom border, roll 3/4 in. balls of white fondant and attach to cake with thinned fondant. Pipe swirls on top of balls with white Icing Writer.
For top border, roll 5/8 in. white fondant balls and attach with thinned fondant.
Cut dowel rod to height of cake and insert into cake center. Drop a piece of fondant into dowel rod to secure flowers. Position flowers.