Daisy Burst Cake
It’s the elegant simplicity of daisies that makes this the perfect cake for a spring or summer wedding or shower. Beautiful fondant blossoms rim the cakes sides and top it with a bountiful, vibrant bouquet.
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Primary Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Cake serves 50.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Daisy Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Daisy Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter and Embosser Set
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Flower Former Set Add to shopping list Flower Former Set
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add Plastic Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Plastic Dowel Rods
- four 8 in. lengths needed 22-gauge white cloth-covered florist wire
- White floral tape
- Waxed paper
At least 2 days in advance: Make cut-out fondant daisies.
Knead 1/2 teaspoon Gum-Tex into 8 oz. white fondant. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick and cut 52 daisies using medium Cut-Out.
Place each daisy on thin foam and shape petals by running small ball tool from petal tip to center of flower.
Roll 1/4 in. diameter primary yellow fondant balls for flower centers and attach with damp brush.
Let dry on medium flower formers dusted with cornstarch.
Step 2At least 1 day in advance: Make fondant daisies for bouquet.
Roll out remaining white fondant 1/8 in. thick, and using straight-edge wheels from Ribbon Cutter/Embosser with no spacers, cut six 5 in. long strips for each daisy.
Press ends of strips together and flatten strip to form a teardrop shape.
Attach teardrops with damp brush to make 4 daisies. Roll 3/4 in. diameter primary yellow fondant balls for flower centers and attach with damp brush.
Let dry 24 hours on waxed paper-covered board dusted with cornstarch.
Attach bouquet daisies to wires with thinned fondant adhesive. Let set.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth in buttercream (ice sides in moss green) and prepare for
Pipe tip 16 shell top borders and tip 18 shell bottom borders. Attach Cut-Out daisies with dots of icing.
Place a ball of fondant in flower spike to support wires.
Insert flower spike in cake top; insert daisy bouquet, trimming and shaping wires as needed.
**Note: The smallest tier is often saved for the first anniversary. The number of servings given does not include the smallest tier.