Daily Planner Cake
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
4 packets liquid pre-melted unsweetened chocolate
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Book Pan Add to shopping list Book Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1L Add to shopping list Tip: 1L
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 9 Add to shopping list Tip: 9
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Decorating Comb Add to shopping list Decorating Comb
- Easy-Add Decorating Gloves Add to shopping list Decorating Gloves
- Craft knife
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
Tint 2 pks. fondant black: Knead in 4 packets of pre-melted chocolate and add a small amount of confectioners' sugar to hold shape. Add 3 1/2 bottles of black icing color and knead until blended.
Tape together two 13 x 19 in. cake boards and wrap with foil. Trim another cake board to 11 1/2 x 18 1/4 in. and cover with rolled out black fondant; smooth. Reserve remaining black fondant.
Cut cake in half down center "binding" area. Position halves on separate boards, cut to fit. Ice smooth and comb cake sides, using wide-tooth edge for page effect. Position cakes on fondant board. Cut and position white fondant on book halves; smooth.
Tint portions of 1 pk. fondant gray, green and blue. For center of binder, cut a gray strip 8 1/2 in. long x 1 1/8 in. wide x 1/4 in. thick. Position between halves. For month divider, cut and position two gray strips, 1/2 in. wide, to fit around pages at each end. Cut and position thin pieces of green fondant to fit around month divider and on planner pages. For binder rings, roll five grey strands, 3 in. long x 1/8 in. wide; shape into curves and let dry. Using pattern, cut and attach binder tabs with water at center binder. Trace ring openings with knife; insert binder rings. Using pattern, cut zipper pull from gray fondant; cut holes with small openings of tips 9 and 1A. Roll logs of fondant for pens, using real pens as a guide. Shape 1 x 1 1/4 x 1/8 in. thick pen holders, attach to pens with water and position.
For borders of planner, cut two 30 in. long x 1 in. wide strips of black fondant and attach on edges of fondant-covered board with a damp brush. For zipper teeth, pipe tip 2 pull out dots in buttercream. Pipe tip 1 green ledger lines. Add words and numbers, using tip 1L for smaller printing, tip 2 for larger printing.