3 Tier Pillar Cake…
Curtains in Cascade Cake
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum Paste Mix Add to shopping list Gum Paste Mix
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
- Non-toxic chalk
Cake serves 94.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Cutter/Embosser Add to shopping list Cutter/Embosser
- Easy-Add 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand Add to shopping list 3-Tier Pillar Cake Stand
- Easy-Add Floral Collection Flower Making Kit Add to shopping list Floral Collection Flower Making Kit
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Set Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Set
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- 24-gauge florist wire (6 in. pieces, 200 needed)
- Green floral tape
- Craft block
- Wire Cutters
- Tea Strainer
At least 1 week in advance: Make gum paste flowers and leaves. Prepare 2 cans of gum paste; tint 1 can violet and 1/2 can green. For flowers, roll out violet 1/16 in. thick. Cut 150 pansies and 150 apple blossoms using cutters from kit. Follow instructions in kit for making violet flowers, attaching apple blossoms inside pansies with adhesive. Let dry. For centers, roll 1/8 in. diameter white fondant balls; attach with adhesive. Follow instructions in this book for attaching flowers to wires; let dry.
For leaves, roll out green 1/16 in. thick. Cut 50 leaves using large leaf cutter from kit. Place leaves on thin foam and score vein lines with stick from kit. Attach wire with adhesive; let dry. When dry, grate chalk using tea strainer and brush on flowers and leaves. Assemble 3 bouquets, each with 15 leaves and 50 flowers; wrap each bouquet with floral tape.
Prepare 2-layer cakes for rolled fondant; cover with fondant and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Divide 8 in. cake in 6ths, 10 in. cake in 8ths and 12 in. cake in 10ths. At each division point, mark 3/4 in. and 21/2 in. up from base. Tint 24 oz. fondant violet; roll out 1/8 in. thick. Using patterns, cut a large scallop for each division on 8 in. cake and a small scallop for each division on 10 and 12 in. cakes. Attach scallops to cake with damp brush. In royal icing, pipe tip 3 bead bottom borders on all cakes. Pipe curtain using royal icing.
At reception: Insert flower spike in center of each cake; place bouquets in spikes. Position cakes on stand; add fabric accent.