Our Cupcake Parade is sure to draw a crowd for Mardi Gras! Displayed on the Cupcakes ´N More® Dessert Stand, each treat features the dazzling colors of the day, topped by costumed candy revelers. Complete the scene with traditional beads, masks and noisemakers.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Primary Candy Colors Set Add to shopping list Primary Candy Colors Set
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Green Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Green Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Yellow Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Yellow Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Violet Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Violet Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add Dark Green Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Dark Green Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Pink colored sugar Add to shopping list Pink colored sugar
- Easy-Add Lavender Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Lavender Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Smiley Face Candy Mold Add to shopping list Smiley Face Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Leaf Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Leaf Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Tip: 2110 (1M) Add to shopping list Tip: 2110 (1M)
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Cookie Treat Sticks
- Easy-Add Gold Foil Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Gold Foil Standard Baking Cups
- Easy-Add Cupcakes 'N More® 23 Count Dessert Stand Add to shopping list Cupcakes 'N More® 23 Count Dessert Stand
- Embroidery scissors
- Glue gun
- Paring Knife
- Assorted Mardi Gras masks
- Craft block
- 8 in. of 1 1/2 in. wide ribbon
In advance: Make candy faces. Tint portions of melted candy skin tone using orange color from Primary Set and black using black from Garden Set. Mold faces without sticks, filling cavities 1/2 full. Refrigerate until firm. Also: Make fondant hats and masks. Tint 6 oz. fondant each in violet, green, rose and yellow. Add 1 teaspoon Gum-Tex to each fondant color. For hats, roll 3 cone shapes, 1 3/4 x 1/2 in. wide, tapering to a point. Flatten slightly. Attach to heads with melted candy. Using toothpick, score lines across hats to resemble fabric; bend down points. Roll 3/8 in. fondant balls and attach to points with melted candy. Using melted black candy in cut parchment bag, pipe eyes and mouth; let set. For masks, cut 1 1/4 in. diameter fondant circles; cut each in half. Using paring knife, cut curve on straight bottom and 2 small eyeholes. Attach to faces with melted candy. Cut feathers using smallest leaf Cut-Out; trim off bottoms for side feathers. Score vein lines using toothpick. Bend feathers; attach to faces with melted candy. For fringe, cut strips 1 1/4 x 3/4 in. wide; cut slits using scissors. Attach to faces with melted candy.
Decorate dessert stand by attaching bead garlands to bottom row with hot glue.
Bake cupcakes in Gold Foil Standard Baking Cups. Cool completely on Cooling Grid.
Prepare buttercream icing recipe. With portions yellow, green, violet and rose buttercream icing in bags fitted with Open Star Decorating Tip 1M, pipe a swirl on each cupcake top. Spray tops with Color Mist; sprinkle with matching color sugar.
Position faces on cupcakes. Position cupcakes on stand. For topper, cut craft block to a 2 in. diameter x 1 1/2 in. high circle. Wrap sides with ribbon. Attach masks and beads to cookie treat sticks with hot glue; insert in container. Attach beads to base and top of craft block with hot glue. Attach bows to masks with hot glue. Position topper on stand; secure with hot glue.