Crispy Rice Slice
Fool their eyes by serving double-layer cake slices shaped from crisped rice cereal treats. Melted-candy icing, Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations and Smiley Face Chunky Candles further the piece-of-cake illusion
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Garden Candy Color Set Add to shopping list Garden Candy Color Set
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations
2 recipes Favorite crisped rice cereal treats
Crisped rice cereal treats serve 6.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 8 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 8 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Smiley Flames Chunky Candles Add to shopping list Smiley Flames Chunky Candles
- Waxed paper
- Serrated knife
Prepare 2 recipes of cereal treats; tint approximately 2 cups of mixture brown.
Press brown mixture into pan, 1/4 in. deep; unmold. Press plain mixture into pan, 2 in. deep, for 1 layer; immediately unmold. Repeat for second layer.
On waxed paper, press together 2 plain layers with brown layer in between; let set. With serrated knife, cut into 6 wedges.
Tint melted white candy pink using candy color.
Using melted candy in cut parchment bag, pipe "icing" on 3 wedges working from side to top; smooth with spatula.
Immediately sprinkle wedges with jimmies. Position candy-coated chocolates for top border.
Insert candle. Repeat on other 3 wedges using cocoa candy for icing.