Crib Cuddlers Cupcakes
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (24 oz. makes about 10-12)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cupcake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Circle Metal Cutter Add to shopping list Circle Metal Cutter
- Easy-Add Baby Feet Standard Baking Cups Add to shopping list Baby Feet Standard Baking Cups
In advance: For each cupcake, tint fondant as follows: 1 oz. in blanket color, 1 oz. in light copper; reserve 1 oz. white.
Also: Shape fondant head, hands and feet. For head, roll a 1 in. ball of fondant with 1/8 in. balls for nose and ears; flatten ears. For feet, roll a 1/2 x 3/4 in. log and flatten; roll tiny balls for toes. For hands, roll 1/4 x 3/8 in. logs, flatten to shape and indent fingers with edge of knife. Attach pieces using a damp brush. Pipe tip 1 dot eyes and outline mouth with royal icing. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Bake and cool cupcakes. Ice smooth with buttercream, building up a small mound in center for baby's tummy. Roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using cutter, cut 1 circle for each cupcake; attach to cover top of iced cupcake (trim if necessary). Roll out and cut fondant blanket using circle cutter; reroll gently to increase size by 1/2 in. Trim off top 1/2 in.; fold back top edge about 1/4 in. Position blanket on cupcake (trim if necessary). Fold up bottom where feet will go; tuck in feet, head and hands, attaching with damp brush.