Wide Glide™ …
Creepy Castle Cake
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers Add to shopping list FoodWriter™ Fine Tip Primary Colors Edible Color Markers
- Easy-Add Black Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Black Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Leaf Green Icing Color (Combine Lemon Yellow with Leaf Green for green shown)Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
Cake serves 52.
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 20 in. fondant roller Add to shopping list 20 in. fondant roller
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Nesting Ghosts Metal Cutter Set (second smallest cutter used)Easy-Add Nesting Ghosts Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Nesting Ghosts Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Romantic Castle Cake Set Add to shopping list Romantic Castle Cake Set
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Square Cut-Outs™ (smallest used)Easy-Add Square Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Square Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add 12 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 6 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 9 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 9 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 11 in. Straight Spatula Add to shopping list 11 in. Straight Spatula
- Easy-Add 14 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 14 in. Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Cake Dividing Chart Add to shopping list Cake Dividing Chart
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Plastic ruler
Tint fondant: 48 oz. gray, 10 oz. dark gray, 10 oz. light gray and 2 oz. yellow; reserve 4 oz. white.
Make ghosts. Mix 1 teaspoon of Gum-Tex to 3 oz. white fondant. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut out six ghosts, three in each direction, using second smallest from set. Let dry. Draw faces using black edible color marker.
Cover towers. Melt Candy Melts candy according to package directions. Turn towers upside down and attach dowel rods with melted candy. Attach 5 in. of rod to one tower. For the remaining, attach 3 in. of rod.
Using 20 oz. of rolled fondant, roll out light gray fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cover towers with fondant, trimming as needed.
Make battlement squares and turrets.
For battlement squares, roll out 20 oz. light gray fondant 1/4 in. thick. Use smallest square Cut-Out to cut 12 squares.
For turrets, roll out dark gray fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut out circles using the wide end of tip 2. Using damp brush, attach around bottom of turret and overlapping, working your way to the top.
Bake and cool one 12 in. x 3 in. cake and two 6 in. x 3 in. cake. (Trim cake to 5 in. high.) Cool completely.
Prepare icing. Tint green and black. Ice 12 in. cake green with spatula. Prepare 6 in. cake with 22 oz. light gray fondant and stacked construction.
Use Cake Dividing Chart and divide 12 in. cake into 16ths. Use tip 2 and black icing to pipe Cornelli Lace. Use tip 8 and black icing to pipe lines between lace.
Stack 6 in. cake slightly off set, about 2 in. from back.
Make windows. Roll out 1 oz. yellow fondant 1/16 in. Cut out six rectangles, each 1 1/2 in. x 1/2 in. Attach to towers using damp brush.
Roll out 1 oz. dark gray fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut out six strips, each 1/4 in. x 1 in. Attach to windows for sills using damp brush. Use black edible color marker to draw window panes and bricks. Position towers into cake.
Make door. Roll out 1 oz. dark gray fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut out rectangle, 3 in. x 1 1/2 in. with rounded top edge. Attach with damp brush.
Make windows. Roll out 1 oz. yellow fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut out 12 windows, 1 in. x 1/2 in. Attach to cake with damp brush. Roll out 1 oz. dark gray fondant 1/16 in. thick. Cut out 12 windowsills, each 1 in. x 1/4 in. Attach to windows with damp brush. Use black edible color marker to outline and draw panes.
Attach battlement squares with a damp brush and turrets.
Marbleize 3 oz. light gray fondant with 1 oz. white fondant. Flatten 22 balls, each 3/8 in. dia., and attach around door. Flatten 38 balls, each 5/8 in., and attach for road.
Use tip 8 and black icing to pipe fence posts.
Attach ghosts with melted candy.