Crawling Toward Your First! Cake
Baby will be enthralled with this crawling caterpillar First Birthday cake! The sections are made in our Sports Ball Pan halves‹use one for the perfect smash cake! Spell the name and age in cookies.
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
shoestring licorice black
Cake serves 30.
- Easy-Add Sports Ball Pan Set Add to shopping list Sports Ball Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set Add to shopping list A-B-C and 1-2-3 Cutter Set
- Easy-Add #1 Numeral Candle Add to shopping list #1 Numeral Candle
- Easy-Add Flower Spikes Add to shopping list Flower Spikes
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Corrugated cardboard
- 1/4 in. wide ribbon violet
- 18 in. florist wire
In advance, use empty ball pan as pattern and trace 5 half-ball shapes into desired configuration on cardboard.
Allow approximately 1 extra inch around cake shapes. Cut board and cover with Fanci-Foil Wrap. Set aside.
In advance, use A-B-C and 1-2-3 50-Pc. Cutter Set and cookie dough to cut out birthday name.
Note: To make the apostrophe, roll a 1/4 in. ball of dough and shape into apostrophe.
Bake and cool cookies. Pipe-in cookies with tip 12. Smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch. Set aside.
Bake and cool five halves from Sports Ball. Position first cake on board, beginning with head. Cover with tip 16 pull-out stars.
Position candy eyes, nose and licorice mouth. Twist 4 pieces of florist wire together at bottom; split into 2 sections of two wires.
Wrap each wire with ribbon and secure with tape. Curl pieces into antennae and attach candy with icing at curled ends.
Position antennae in Flower Spike and insert Flower Spike into head. Add each remaining body segment; covering each with tip 16 pull-out stars.
Add candy-coated chocolate dots to some and stripe details to others. Position jelly candies for feet.
Insert lollipop stick into cake for each letter. Add icing to backs of cookies and attach to sticks. Position candle.