Crawling On A Cloud Cake
A cute cherub fashioned from a Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan cake seems to float in the air. Create the clouds by covering 8 in. Round Pan cakes with balls of white fondant.
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Pink Color Mist™ Food Color Spray Add to shopping list Pink Color Mist™ Food Color Spray
- Easy-Add White Cake Sparkles™ Add to shopping list White Cake Sparkles™
Cake serves 72.
- Easy-Add Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set Add to shopping list Stand-Up Cuddly Bear Pan Set
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 12 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 12 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Stars Nesting Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Stars Nesting Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 11 3/4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add 14 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 14 in. Cake Circle
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add 2004 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2004 Pattern Book
- Pizza cutter
- 3 yards White Curling Ribbon
- Hot Glue Gun
In advance, roll out fondant and cut 5 smallest and 4 second largest stars using cutters.
Cut fondant bow using pattern. Let pieces dry on cornstarch-dusted surface.
Spray bow and 1 larger star with Color Mist™. Attach 3 large white stars to lollipop sticks with hot glue gun.
Tie 14 in. pieces of curling ribbon onto each stick. Print tip 1 message on stars; brush with water and sprinkle with Cake Sparkles™. Set aside.
Bake bear cake from firm-textured batter such as pound cake. Trim off ears, muzzle and right hand paw; trim neck area slightly to shape. Position on double cake circle cut to fit.
Outline diaper area with tip 3. Pipe tip 8 ball nose and toes. Pipe tip 3 dot eyes and pupils (flatten and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch)
Outline mouth with tip 3. Cover diaper area and body with tip 13 stars; add eyebrows and eyelashes with tip 1 strings.
Attach pink star to body and bow to head with icing. Outline hands and arms with tip 13; fill in with tip 13 stars, overpiping hand holding star with another row of tip 13 stars.
For hair, tint 2 1/2 in. ball of fondant yellow, roll out on surface covered with confectioner's sugar. Using ruler and pizza cutter, cut 4 to 5 in. long x 1/8 in. wide strips.
Wrap strips around pencil to curl; let set 10 minutes and attach to head with icing, strand by strand.
Prepare 1-layer round cakes for
rolled fondant and
stacked construction. Knead together 72 oz. of fondant, break off eleven 1 to 2 in. balls.
Shape balls into ovals and randomly place on edges of cake to resemble clouds.
Roll out large piece of fondant and completely cover 2-layer cake, shaping fondant around clouds.
Lightly spray cloud areas with Color Mist™; position baby. Attach small fondant stars with icing; insert large stars on sticks.