Cran-Orange Snowflake Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter or margarine softened
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cranberries fresh or frozen, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup pecans finely chopped , toasted
- confectioner's sugar
Cake serves 12.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray snowflake pan with vegetable pan spray; set aside.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; set aside.
Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl with electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
Add orange zest and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; mix well.
Gently stir in cranberries and pecans. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan.
Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool in pan 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully invert cake onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
Dust cake with confectioners´ sugar.