Crafty Giraffe Cake
This gentle giant gets its own sweet purple pedestal, adorned with colorfully crafted ribbons. Use our Ribbon Cutter and other fondant tools to find out how simple and fun decorating with fondant can be.
Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
Violet Icing Color (Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown)Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 12
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 13 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 13 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 20 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 20 in. Fondant Roller
- 20 in. Fondant Roller Guide Rings (orange guide rings used)Easy-Add 20 in. Fondant Roller Guide Rings Add to shopping list 20 in. Fondant Roller Guide Rings
- Easy-Add Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Fondant Trimmer Add to shopping list Fondant Trimmer
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- food-safe scissors
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set Add to shopping list Ribbon Cutter/Embosser Set
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
Make Shape-N-Amaze 3-D character three days in advance. Use online directions to create giraffe cake topper.
Make cakes. Prepare batter following recipe directions. Bake and cool two 1-layer cakes according to pan package directions.
Cover cakes with fondant. Tint fondant 10 oz. sky blue, 10 oz. violet, 2 oz. green, 2 1/2 oz. yellow and 2 oz. rose. Prepare buttercream icing following recipe directions. Use spatula and icing to lightly ice cakes. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out sky blue and violet fondant, separately, 1/8 in. thick. Cover one cake with sky blue and the other with violet. Stack on top of each other and place cakes on a foil-wrapped cake board. Use tip 8 and icing to fill in gap between two cakes.
Decorate cake. Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out yellow fondant 1/8 in. thick. Use ribbon cutter with 1/4 in. and 1/2 in. spacers and wavy cutting wheels to cut strip, 24 in. long. Use piping gel to attach fondant over center seam.
Use fondant roller with orange guide rings to roll out green and rose fondant, separately, 1/8 in. thick. Use ribbon cutter with 1/2 in. spacers and straight cutting wheels to cut a strip of green and rose fondant, 24 in. long. Use piping gel to attach the green strip to center of top cake and rose strip to center of bottom cake.Place topper on cake top.