Cozy Castle Mini Cakes
Craft tiny palaces from Jumbo Muffin Pan cupcakes turned upside down. Create castle-like contours with icing details and candy-stick turrets.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Each cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Jumbo Muffin Pan Add to shopping list Jumbo Muffin Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 224 Add to shopping list Tip: 224
- Easy-Add Tip: 349 Add to shopping list Tip: 349
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
In advance, using royal icing, make 15 each tip 224 dark violet and light violet drop flowers with tip 2 white dot centers for each cupcake; make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Turn cupcake upside down, ice smooth.
Pipe-in windows and door window with tip 2 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch); outline windows and doorstep with tip 3.
Pipe tip 3 beads around door and for doorknob. Trim candy sticks to 3 1/2 , 4, 4 1/4 and 4 1/2 in. lengths.
Pipe tip 16 rosette bases for candy sticks and insert at staggered lengths into cake.
Pipe tip 16 swirls on candy sticks and around top edge of cake.
Position drop flowers around bottom border; add tip 349 leaves.