Cottontail Collection Cake
A colorful collection of cookies and cake makes celebrating Easter hip-hoppin’ fun. Create this treat using the Step-by-Step Bunny Pan and Hoppy Easter Colored Metal Cutter Set.
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Blue Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Blue Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Bright Sugars 4-Mix Sprinkles Add to shopping list Bright Sugars 4-Mix Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Color Flow Mix Add to shopping list Color Flow Mix
Cake serves 12; each cookie serves 1.
- Easy-Add Step-By-Step Bunny Pan Add to shopping list Step-By-Step Bunny Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Hoppy Easter Colored Metal Cutter Set Add to shopping list Hoppy Easter Colored Metal Cutter Set
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 24 x 36 x 1/2 in. foamcore board
In advance: Make cookies. Prepare and roll out dough. Cut 25 eggs using cutter from set. Use patterns to cut 3 each for left arm and foot; reverse patterns and cut 3 each for right arm and foot. Bake and cool cookies.
Also: Decorate egg cookies. Place cookies on cooling grid over drip pan; cover with thinned color flow; let dry 24 hours. Decorate using full-strength color flow and tip 3; sprinkle on colored sugar while icing is still wet. Let dry.
And: Stack 3 like arm and foot cookies together using thin layer of color flow as glue. Let dry. Also: Prepare base board. Enlarge Base Board Pattern 200%. Position bunny pan and pattern on foamcore board. Cut base board and wrap with foil.
Bake and cool cake. Ice smooth inside ears. Using tip 3, pipe outline eyes; outline and pipe in mouth (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Using tip 3, outline and pipe in nose and tongue (pat smooth). Cover remainder of cake and stacked cookies with tip 18 stars. Position cake and arms on base board. Position egg cookies and feet.
* Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown. Combine Lemon Yellow with Golden Yellow for yellow shown. Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.