Confetti Celebration Cake
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Violet Icing Color (Combine Violet with Rose for violet shown.)Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- 3 boxes (15.25 - 18.25 oz. each) white cake mix
- water, oil, eggs
- Easy-Add Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Jumbo Confetti Sprinkles
- Easy-Add Spring Confetti Sprinkles Add to shopping list Spring Confetti Sprinkles
Cake serves 20
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Plastic ruler
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Checkerboard Cake Pan Set Add to shopping list Checkerboard Cake Pan Set
- Easy-Add 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid Add to shopping list 10 in. x 16 in. Non-Stick Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add 13 in. Angled Spatula Add to shopping list 13 in. Angled Spatula
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
In advance, make fondant curlicues. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Gum-Tex to 6 oz. rolled fondant. Divide into 1 oz. portions and tint each yellow, green, blue, orange, rose and violet. Make two curlicues of each color. Reserve remaining fondant.
Individually prepare three boxes white cake mix following package instructions. In one portion of batter, gently stir in Leaf Green Icing Color to desired shade. (Use clean toothpicks to transfer color from jar to batter.) Repeat with Rose and Lemon Yellow Icing Colors to second and third portions.
For bottom layer, place Batter Dividing Ring in the first prepared pan. Pour rose-colored batter in outer section, yellow-colored batter in middle section and green-colored batter in center. Fill sections 2/3 full. Remove ring from pan by carefully lifting straight up on handles. Rinse and completely dry ring.
For middle layer, place clean ring in third prepared pan. Pour yellow-colored batter in outer section, green-colored batter in middle section and rose-colored batter in center. Fill sections 2/3 full. Remove ring from pan by carefully lifting straight up on handles. Rinse and completely dry ring.
For top layer, place clean ring in second prepared pan. Pour green-colored batter in outer section, rose-colored batter in middle section and yellow-colored batter in center. Fill sections 2/3 full. Remove ring from pan by carefully lifting straight up on handles. DO NOT PUT RING IN OVEN.
Bake and cool cakes following mix directions. Prepare icing. Stack and position cake on foil-wrapped cake circle. Ice cake smooth with icing and spatula.
Using tip 3 and icing, attach jumbo and spring confetti on sides and top of cake.
Roll out fondant balls, 1/2 in. dia., with reserved fondant; attach to bottom border with tip 3 and dots of icing.
Using tip 3 and white icing, pipe a mound on cake top. Position fondant curlicues.