Colorful Purse-onalities Mini Cakes
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Moss Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Moss Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list White Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
Each serves one.
- Easy-Add 10 1/2 x 15 x 1 in. Jelly Roll Add to shopping list 10 1/2 x 15 x 1 in. Jelly Roll
- Easy-Add 9 in. Rolling pin Add to shopping list 9 in. Rolling pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Letters & Numbers Gum Paste & Fondant Mold Set Add to shopping list Letters & Numbers Gum Paste & Fondant Mold Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make straps. For each purse, tint 2 oz. fondant; add 1/4 teaspoon Gum-Tex to each color. Roll out 1/8 in. thick. For each purse, cut 2 straps 5 3/4 x 1/4 in. (reserve remaining tinted fondant). Use pattern to shape curve. Let dry 24 hours.
Bake and cool 1 in. high cake using firmtextured batter such as pound cake. Cut a 3 1/4 x 2 1/2 in. rectangle for each purse. Prepare and cover with rolled fondant in upright position.
Use pattern to cut out fondant purse flaps; use serrated quilting wheel from set to imprint stitching line 1/4 in. from curved edge.
Attach to cakes using damp brush. Cut 1/4 in. wide strips and attach at 4 corners, trimming to fit.
Attach straps with fondant adhesive. Roll a small ball of tinted fondant; flatten and attach for button.
Mold initial, filling only the first level of mold cavity with fondant; attach using damp brush