Clunk A Monkey Cake
Chimps aren’t just for kids. This Palm Tree Pan cake, host to clambering royal-icing monkeys with differing attitudes, makes a grand finale for tropical luaus and backyard barbeques.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Palm Tree Pan Add to shopping list Palm Tree Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1 Add to shopping list Tip: 1
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Disposable Decorating Bags Add to shopping list Disposable Decorating Bags
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Waxed paper
- Cellophane Tape
At least 2 days in advance: Make monkeys using royal icing. Make 2 copies of each monkey pattern; place 1 copy on board, cover with waxed paper and secure with tape, (use 2nd copy for reference while piping). Build up body with tip 10; smooth with spatula. Pipe in tip 8 stomach (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 8 ball head; pipe in face and ears with tip 3 (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Pipe tip 6 outline legs, arms and tail. Pipe tip 3 eyes and mouth, tip 1 dot nose and outline teeth on top monkey. Pipe tip 10 dot coconut and tip 3 motion lines, 3/4 in. long. Let dry.
On cake, outline trunk and leaf sections with tip 3. Fill in cake with tip 16 stars. Carefully peel off monkeys, coconut and motion lines from waxed paper; position on cake.Combine brown with red-red for brown shown. Combine brown and orange with golden yellow for orange shown. Combine leaf green with lemon yellow for green shown.