Clowns Come To Town! Cake
Cakes ‘N More 3 Tier Party Stand is just what you need when the Clowns Come to Town! Simply decorated cakes are topped by fondant circus balls and royal icing clowns you’ve figure piped and let dry ahead of time.
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations Add to shopping list Rainbow Jimmies Sprinkle Decorations
- Easy-Add Meringue Powder Add to shopping list Meringue Powder
Cake serves 60.
- Easy-Add 6 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cakes ´N More 3 Tier Party Stand Add to shopping list Cakes ´N More 3 Tier Party Stand
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 8 Add to shopping list Tip: 8
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 21 Add to shopping list Tip: 21
- Easy-Add Tip: 172 Add to shopping list Tip: 172
- Globe Pillar Sets 2 1/2 in.Easy-Add Globe Pillar Sets Add to shopping list Globe Pillar Sets
- Easy-Add 8 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 8 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add Small Derby Clown Heads Add to shopping list Small Derby Clown Heads
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 10 x 14 in. Cake Boards Add to shopping list 10 x 14 in. Cake Boards
- Waxed paper
- Craft knife
- 24-gauge white florist wire
- 3 in. craft block
Five days in advance: Make circus balls. Tint 1 3/4 in. balls of fondant each red and blue; tint a 2 1/4 in. ball yellow. Fill 3 globe pillars with remaining white fondant.
With pencil, divide globes in 4ths. Roll out fondant 1/8 in. thick; cut ball sections and position on globe.
For umbrella, cut a circle using largest Cut-Out; cut in half and cut scalloped edge using smallest Cut-Out. Score lines with craft knife. Let dry on cornstarch-dusted board.
Also: Figure pipe clowns using royal icing.
For all clowns, pipe back side first, then overpipe front side. For yellow clown holding umbrella and orange clown, on waxed paper-covered board, pipe tip 172 pull-out body, 1 3/4 in. long. Tuck tip into body and pull out 1 1/4 in. legs and 1 1/8 in. arms; let dry overnight.
Carefully remove waxed paper and turn over. For support pick, cut a lollipop stick to 2 1/2 in. and position between legs, leaving 1 1/2 in. extending at bottom. Overpipe other side of body; insert clown head. Let dry until hard.
For umbrella clown, pipe tip 8 ball hands. Insert a 2 1/2 in. lollipop stick in hand for umbrella handle; let dry overnight. Pipe tip 10 bead feet on ball on either side of top opening; insert umbrella clown in opening.
For clown sitting on ball, pipe body and arms only as above; insert a 2 1/2 in. lollipop stick, leaving 1 1/2 in. extending and let dry. On ball, pipe tip 172 legs close to top opening; insert clown body in opening to meet legs. Pipe tip 10 shoes. Let dry overnight.
For clown holding ball, juggling clown and clown tossing balls to juggler, pipe front of body as above, but pipe only upper torso for juggler; let dry overnight. Turn over and front side of body; immediately insert a 2 1/2 in. long lollipop stick between legs, leaving 1 1/2 in. extended, and insert clown head.
For arms, insert two 1 1/2 in. lollipop sticks at an angle and let dry overnight. In bag fitted with tip 172; slide tip over arm stick; as you squeeze bag, gently pull back to pipe arms. Clean off 1/4 in. at end of stick; let dry overnight.
When dry, on tossing clown, wrap a 4 in. piece of wire around one arm. Pipe tip 8 hands and balls on wire (pat smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch); let dry overnight.
On juggling clown, wrap a 9 in. piece of wire around both arms; pipe tip 8 ball hands; let dry. Wrap craft block with waxed paper; pipe tip 172 legs on block; insert juggling clown and let dry overnight. Pipe tip 8 balls on wire.
On clown holding ball, position arms against ball and pipe tip 8 dot hands; let dry. Pipe tip 13 star buttons on clowns; let dry. Attach umbrella to stick with dots of royal icing; let dry.
Ice 2-layer cakes smooth in buttercream. Pipe tip 21 star bottom border; add tip 3 message. Press jimmies into cake sides.
Position cakes on stand. Insert clowns and balls in cake top. Pipe tip 10 feet for tossing clown and clown holding ball.
*Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red for red shade shown.