Carousel Cake Set
Circus Carousel Cake
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Yellow Colored Sugar Add to shopping list Yellow Colored Sugar
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
Cake serves 28.
- Easy-Add 10 x 3 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 3 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Star Cut-Outs™ Add to shopping list Star Cut-Outs™
- Easy-Add Carousel Cake Set Add to shopping list Carousel Cake Set
- Easy-Add 12 in. Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 12 in. Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circle Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circle
In advance: Prepare carousel. Tint fondant: 8 oz. each dark orange, light orange, red, green, dark blue; 10 oz. light blue, 6 oz. yellow; reserve 24 oz. white. Roll out 1/8 in. thick as needed; reserve excess fondant. Cut six triangles (3 orange, 3 yellow) to cover canopy top; brush top sections with Piping Gel and attach, trimming as needed. Cut 4 x 36 in. blue strip to wrap over canopy edge; attach. Roll red ropes, 1/8 in. diameter; attach over seams using Thinned Fondant Adhesive.
For ball border, roll 32 balls, 1/4 in. diameter, in each of 4 colors; attach with Fondant Adhesive. For dark blue trim, roll 1/8 in. diameter ropes, 5 in. long, and 1/4 in. diameter balls; attach. Roll 1 1/4 in. diameter red ball; attach inside finial. Cover pillar bases. Decorate horses with fondant, trimming as needed.
Also: Make stars. Roll out yellow fondant. Cut 12 stars using medium Cut-Out. Brush with Piping Gel and sprinkle with colored sugar.
Bake and cool 1-layer cake. Prepare and cover with white fondant. Prepare for Push-In Pillar Construction, using canopy to mark position for pillars. Cut 1 x 3 in. fondant strips and attach to cake sides using damp brush, alternating colors. For ball border, roll 15 balls, 1 in. diameter, in each of 3 colors; attach with Fondant Adhesive. Roll very thin ropes, 2 in. long, and attach for spiral trim. Attach stars.
At party: Slide on horses, then bases. Insert pillars. Position canopy.
*Combine Leaf Green with Lemon Yellow for green shown.