Christmas Carolers Mini Cakes
Mini cake pans offer an interesting alternative to round cupcakes. Each makes a single serving of cake, cookie or gingerbread in fun shapes that suit the season.
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Christmas Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Christmas Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Copper Icing Color (light skin tone) Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color (light skin tone)
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Lemon Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Lemon Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Golden Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Golden Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add White Cookie Icing Add to shopping list White Cookie Icing
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Gum-Tex™ Add to shopping list Gum-Tex™
large black spice drops
small green spice drops
Each mini cake serves 1.
- Easy-Add Gingerbread Boys and Trees Non-Stick Mini Pan Add to shopping list Gingerbread Boys and Trees Non-Stick Mini Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter (medium size used)Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add 4 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 4 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Paring Knife
Bake gingerbread boy cakes in pan; let cool. Place cakes on cooling grid positioned over cookie sheet. Cover with white cookie icing.
Tint 2 in. ball of fondant yellow and 1 in. ball of fondant green; add 1/4 teaspoon of gum-tex to each. Roll out yellow fondant and cut 2 pieces, each 2 1/2 in. long x 1 3/16 in. high; crease in center and let dry on sides for books.
Use tip 3 and copper icing to outline and pipe in faces (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 3 and red icing to outline and pipe-in man's shirts and woman's dress (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 3 and green icing to outline and pipe-in man's pants. Use tip 3 and black icing to outline and pipe in shoes on both (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Use tip 2 and black icing to outline and pipe-in eyes and mouths. Roll out green fondant and position on woman for hat. Use tip 2 and yellow icing to pipe woman's hair. Use tip 2 and white icing to pipe fur trim on woman's dress. Use tip 2 and brown icing to pipe man's hair. Position both books on bodies; use tip 2 to pipe hands and fingers holding books.
To create man's hat, roll spice drop on surface covered with granulated sugar. Use medium round cut-out to cut brim; cut small end off another spice drip and attach to brim with dots of icing. Roll out green spice drop and cut 1/8 in. wide and attach as hat brim with dots of icing. Trim cookie stick to 3 in. and insert stick into hat and hat into cake.
*Note: Combine Lemon Yellow and Golden Yellow for yellow shown.