Chocolate Weave Dessert
These single-serve tarts are quite impressive! Chocolate Weave pipes swirls of Chocolate Mousse into a prebaked crust. Curlicues of piped candy, candy leaves and a few fresh berries create the eye-catching details.
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
Tart Crust Recipe
2 pkgs chocolate pudding mix NOT INSTANT
3 cups milk
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup liquid water, coffee liqueur, strong coffee
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
Each dessert serves 1.
- Dessert Decorator Pro™ includes tip 1MEasy-Add Dessert Decorator Pro™ Add to shopping list Dessert Decorator Pro™
- Easy-Add Non-Stick 4 in. Round Tart Pan Set Add to shopping list Non-Stick 4 in. Round Tart Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Waxed paper
In advance, make candy scrolls and chocolate leaves. Make one of all three sizes for each tart. Make scrolls on waxed paper.
Using melted candy in cut parchment bag, pipe scrolls; refrigerate to set. When set, turn scrolls over and pipe backs with melted candy. Refrigerate to set.
Thoroughly wash lemon leaves, dry and brush backs with melted candy. Refrigerate to set. When firm, carefully peel leaves from candy and waxed paper from scrolls. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375° F. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Blend in flour. Form into ball and chill for 15 minutes. Pat dough on bottom and up sides of pan.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, cool tart shells.
Prepare pudding according to package directions (use only 3 cups milk).
In small saucepan, soften gelatin in liquid and heat until clear, set aside.
When pudding is thickened, add chocolate chips and stir or whisk until smooth. Add gelatin mixture; stir. Place bowl in another bowl filled with ice and whisk until very cool and thick.
Whip cream with sugar and fold in remaining cream. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm set at least 4 hours or overnight.
Place chocolate mousse in Dessert Decorator Pro™ fitted with tip 1M. Pipe mousse rosettes in shell. Position scrolls in tart.
Garnish with raspberries and candy leaves.