Chocolate Splendor Pie
Chocolate Splendor shows you a great way to add dazzle to any cream- or meringue-topped pie. Scrolls of melted candy are piped ahead of time and positioned just before serving.
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
Favorite pie crust
Favorite chocolate pie filling
Pie serves 8.
- Easy-Add 9 x 1 1/2 in. Non-Stick Pie Pan Add to shopping list 9 x 1 1/2 in. Non-Stick Pie Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M Add to shopping list Tip: 1M
- Easy-Add Dessert Decorator Pro™ Add to shopping list Dessert Decorator Pro™
- 2003 Pattern Book (Chocolate Scroll)Easy-Add 2003 Pattern Book Add to shopping list 2003 Pattern Book
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Waxed paper
In advance, make chocolate scrolls using patterns and Candy Melts®: You will need 10 full scrolls, 10 full scrolls minus the side scroll, and 4 full scrolls minus side scroll and with stem extended 1 inch longer; make extras to allow for breakage.
Cover patterns with waxed paper.
Using melted candy in cut parchment bag, outline patterns; refrigerate to set.
Carefully remove candy from waxed paper, turn over and outline reverse side. Refrigerate to set.
Bake and cool pie crust.
Prepare filling, pour into pan and let set. Using stabilized whipped cream in Dessert Decorator Pro™ fitted with tip 1M, cover top of pie with rosettes.
When ready to serve, insert chocolate scrolls in pie, beginning at the edge.
Position 10 full scrolls around edge of pie; 1 in. from edge and in spaces between first row, position 10 scrolls minus the side scroll.
In center of pie, position 4 scrolls with longer stems.