Chocolate Masterpiece Cake
Build a non-traditional wedding, anniversary or birthday cake using molded candy plaques and panels. This Chocolate Masterpiece creates a tower of cake and candy that is totally memorable.
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Light Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
Candy Creme Centers
Cake serves 90.
- Easy-Add 8 in. Round pan Add to shopping list 8 in. Round pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 9 in. Hexagon Pan Add to shopping list 9 in. Hexagon Pan
- Easy-Add 12 in. Hexagon Pan Add to shopping list 12 in. Hexagon Pan
- Easy-Add 15 x 2 in. Hexagon Pan Add to shopping list 15 x 2 in. Hexagon Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Truffles Candy Mold Add to shopping list Truffles Candy Mold
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 8 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 8 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add 10 in. Cake Circles Add to shopping list 10 in. Cake Circles
- Easy-Add 13 x 19 in. Cake Board Add to shopping list 13 x 19 in. Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Decorating Gloves Add to shopping list Decorating Gloves
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Plywood base
- Pizza cutter
In advance, mold and assemble hexagon candy plaques and rectangle edges, including monogram panels.
Mold approximately 50 round truffles, using 3 pks. melted Light Cocoa candy with creme centers and Truffles Molds. Make candy clay panels for white cake sides: Make 2 recipes white Candy Clay, roll out.
Using pizza cutter, cut 30 panels 3/4 in. x 6 in. long. Make extras to allow for breakage and let set.
Ice and fill 3-layer 8 and 10 in. round tiers with buttercream icing to create 6 in. high tiers (combine brown with a little red to achieve color used) and prepare for stacked construction, eliminating the center dowel rod.
On a foil-covered plywood base, position 15 in. hexagon candy plaque, then the 10 in. cake.
Attach candy clay panels 3/4 in. apart on cake, securing with dots of icing.
Cut a cake board into an 11 in. hexagon and position on the 10 in. cake. Position 12 in. candy plaque, then 8 in. cake on 8 in. cake board. Position candy clay panels. Add tip 3 bead borders.
At reception: Position candy plaques and tiers. Arrange truffles around bottom borders. Attach monogram panels to top, securing with melted candy.
Note: To avoid fingerprints, we recommend wearing Wilton Decorating Gloves when handling molded candy pieces.