Chocolate Lace Cake
DimensionsTM Bakeware, available in a variety of shapes and sizes, provides the design for this cake. Piped-ahead Candy Melts® Chocolate Lace panels are attached to give it the intricate details that will impress your guests.
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Dimensions® Cascade Pan Add to shopping list Dimensions® Cascade Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Waxed paper
In advance, cover scroll and lace patterns with waxed paper.
Using melted candy in cut parchment bag, outline 65 lace pieces, 5 large scroll and 5 small scroll pieces.
Make extras to allow for breakage and refrigerate until firm.
Bake and cool cake. Place cake on cooling rack that has been positioned over cookie sheet.
Melt two bags of Light Cocoa Candy® and pour over cake. Let set.
Pipe tip 4 bead bottom border on cake in chocolate buttercream.
Attach chocolate pieces to cake with melted candy.
The 5 tallest cascade sections use 1 large and 1 medium lace piece; the smaller cascade sections use small lace pieces to fit.