- 1 cup dried pineapple chunks coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Candied Red Cherries halved
- 1/2 cup tart cranberries dried
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 9 lrg eggs
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- Easy-Add vanilla extract Add to shopping list vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup pecans coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons lemon and orange rind grated
Cake serves 20.
Preheat oven to 300°F. Grease and flour or use pan spray with flour to prepare pan. <</p>
In medium bowl combine first 3 ingredients with brandy. Set aside.
In mixer bowl beat eggs until frothy then slowly beat in sugar and vanilla until well blended.
Add flour, cocoa powder and baking powder; mixing well.
Stir in fruit with brandy, pecans, chocolate chips, lemon and orange rind.
Bake 65-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Cool on rack 15 minutes.
Gently loosen sides. Turn out of pan and continue to cool.