Chocolate And Roses Cake
An adult’s only Easter egg! Chocolate and Roses cake gives a traditional 3-D holiday shape a more refined look by adding a candy-based ganache coating and candy clay roses and leaves across the top.
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 3-D Egg Pan Set Add to shopping list 3-D Egg Pan Set
- Easy-Add Tip: 2 Add to shopping list Tip: 2
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
Using candy clay make 9 roses: one 7 petal, six 5 petal, two 3 petal.
Roll-out remaining candy clay and cut approximately 12 leaf shapes using shape knife or scissors.
Add vein lines to leaves with toothpick. Set aside.
Ice cake smooth in buttercream icing, let set. Cover with ganache, let set.
Measure 2 1/2 in. up from bottom of cake.
Using remaining ganache (reheat if necessary), pipe tip 2 drop strings and dots, then pipe a double row of tip 3 scallops and dots.
Pipe tip 4 bottom bead border.
Attach roses and leaves using dots of ganache.