Chimney Champ Cake
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
Copper Icing Color (for skin tone shown)Easy-Add Copper Icing Color Add to shopping list Copper Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Favorite crisped rice cereal treats (2 1/2 recipes needed)
Cake serves 12. Each whole brick serves 1.
- Easy-Add Step-By-Step Snowman Pan Add to shopping list Step-By-Step Snowman Pan
- Easy-Add Petite Loaf Pan Add to shopping list Petite Loaf Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 1A Add to shopping list Tip: 1A
- Easy-Add Tip: 1M (2110) Add to shopping list Tip: 1M (2110)
- Easy-Add Tip: 5 Add to shopping list Tip: 5
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Mitten Comfort Grip™ Cutter Add to shopping list Mitten Comfort Grip™ Cutter
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Cake Boards Add to shopping list Cake Boards
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- 15 x 24 in. foamcore board (1/2 in. thick)
- Waxed paper
In advance: Make 20 bricks in Petite Loaf pan. Prepare cereal treat mixture and press into lightly greased cavities. Release immediately onto greased waxed paper-covered boards. Cut 2 bricks in half. Cover all with plastic wrap until needed. Also: Tint 24 oz. fondant red; roll out small portion 1/8 in. thick. Cut letters using cutters from 101 Cutter Set.
Bake and cool cake in snowman pan. Position on wrapped foamcore board. Lightly ice hat area. Use tip 5 to outline and fill in eyes and mouth (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
Cover face with tip 16 stars; overpipe nose for dimension. Use tip 18 to pipe reverse shell beard and moustache and elongated shell eyebrows.
Roll out remaining red fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut a 6 x 15 in. hat and attach; shape a tapered, pleated top and fold toward side. Pipe tip 1M zigzag brim and rosette pompom.
Position bricks on board with icing "mortar." Pipe tip 1A pull-out snow on chimney top (smooth with finger). Tint 16 oz. fondant green. Roll out fondant 1 in. thick. Use mitten cutter to cut 2 shapes (reverse one shape for opposite mitten).
Position mittens and letters.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more