Chains of Love Cake
Pretty Pink Sugar Sheets! add a touch of simple elegance to our stacked cakes trimmed with flower chain borders.
- Easy-Add Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Yellow Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list White Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
Cakes serves 32
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Layered Flower Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Flower Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Flower Forming Cup Add to shopping list Flower Forming Cup
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Silver Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Border Punch Set Add to shopping list Border Punch Set
- Easy-Add Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- 1/2 in. thick foamcore board
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
In advance, make flowers. Use punch and largest Layered Flowers Cutting Insert to cut three flowers from Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! Press flowers into large flower forming cups.
Use punch and Layered Flowers Cutting Insert from Light Yellow Sugar Sheets smallest flower cutter from set to cut 3 flowers from Light Yellow Sugar Sheets! for flower centers. Brush back of yellow flowers with brush dipped in piping gel and attach to large flowers. Set aside to dry for 30 to 45 minutes.
Bake and cool two-layer 6 in. and 8 in. cakes. Place on foil-wrapped cake board. Ice smooth with white buttercream icing. Prepare for stacked construction. Use ruler to mark 2 in. up from bottom edges of cakes.
Using Border Punch and Flower Chain Border Cutting Insert, cut chain from Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! Cut between flowers for four flowers. On 6 in. cake, place flower in of cake side center and one flower on both sides, 2 in. apart. Repeat process on all four sides.
Use Rotary Cutter to cut a strip 1/2 in. wide from long sides of Bright Pink Sugar Sheets! Cut strip into 1 1/2 in. pieces. Bend strips slightly to fit between flowers and around corners (total of 12 flowers and 12 strips).
On 8 in. cake, repeat same process as 6 in. cake, except there will be four flowers per side. (A flower will be on each corner for a total of 16 flowers and 16 strips.)
Create flower centers from White Sugars Sheets! and Flower Chain Border Cutter Insert. Cut a strip 1/2 in wide along long side of sheet. Punch only centers from insert. Attach to flowers with piping gel.
Use Rotary Cutter to cut 1/2 in. wide strips from long side of Light Pink Sugar Sheets! Attach strips to top and bottom borders of cakes with piping gel. Trim as needed.
Pipe a tip 12 mound of white buttercream icing on top of cake and position flowers.