Catch of the Day Cake
Reel in your favorite fisherman with this Catch of the Day cake. Cute cubbie bear’s got a big smile on his face ‘cause he’s landed a tasty cookie fish!
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Kelly Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Kelly Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Ready-To-Use Gel Add to shopping list Royal Blue Ready-To-Use Gel
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add Teddy Bear With Block Pan Add to shopping list Teddy Bear With Block Pan
- Easy-Add Standard muffin pan Add to shopping list Standard muffin pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 3 Add to shopping list Tip: 3
- Easy-Add Tip: 4 Add to shopping list Tip: 4
- Easy-Add Tip: 13 Add to shopping list Tip: 13
- Easy-Add Tip: 16 Add to shopping list Tip: 16
- Easy-Add Tip: 18 Add to shopping list Tip: 18
- Easy-Add Tip: 127D Add to shopping list Tip: 127D
- Easy-Add Fish Metal Cookie Cutter Add to shopping list Fish Metal Cookie Cutter
Using roll-out cookie dough recipe, bake and cool fish cookie. Outline fish with tip 3, fill-in with tip 13 stars, add tip 13 pull-out star fins. Pipe tip 3 dot eye. Set aside.
Ice sides and background areas of cake smooth. Smooth bottom of foot.
Trim cupcake to fit flush against cake board for hat; attach with icing.
Outline bear and vest with tip 4. Pipe-in eyes, nose and mouth, and ears with tip 4 (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch). Cover hat and vest with tip 18 stars.
Cover body with tip 16 stars. Trim dowel rod to 9 in., position in hands and overpipe hands with tip 16 stars.
Pipe tip 127D ruffle for hat brim. Add tip 13 zigzag hatband.
Pipe tip 4 tree trunks and tip 16 pull-out star leaves.
Pipe blue gel for water.
Add tip 16 pull-out grass next to the water; add tip 16 pull-out grass bottom border.
Tie shoestring licorice on pole, position fish cookie and position other end of licorice behind fish.