Cookie Sheets & Je…
Cat Sugar Cookie
- Easy-Add Orange Icing Color Add to shopping list Orange Icing Color
- Easy-Add Buttercup Yellow Icing Color Add to shopping list Buttercup Yellow Icing Color
- Easy-Add Black Icing Color Add to shopping list Black Icing Color
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- Easy-Add clear vanilla extract Add to shopping list clear vanilla extract
- Easy-Add No Color Almond Extract Add to shopping list No Color Almond Extract
- 2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Color Flow Icing (full strength)
- Color Flow Icing (thinned, for cat body)
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
Preheat oven to 400ºF. In mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Do not chill dough. Divide dough into 2 balls. On a floured surface, roll each ball into a circle approximately 12 in. wide and 1/8 in. thick. Dip cookie cutter in flour before each use. Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Recipe may be doubled.
Outline with full-strength orange Color Flow Icing. Let dry, then flow in with thinned black Color Flow; let dry. Add facial features with full-strength Color Flow in orange, yellow and black. Use tip 2 for eyes nose and mouth.
Before first and after each use, hand wash cookie cutter in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly with a soft cloth.