Carrot Cake with White Chocolate Icing
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Easy-Add pure vanilla extract Add to shopping list pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups carrots (about 1 pound) grated
- 2/3 cup nuts chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- Easy-Add White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list White Candy Melts® Candy
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Easy-Add Cake Release Add to shopping list Cake Release
12-14 cake servings.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two 9-in. round pans with vegetable pan spray or use Wilton Cake Release. ( Click here for complete instructions on preparing baking pans.)
In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; add oil and vanilla and beat well. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and salt together; add to egg mixture and mix well. Fold in carrots, nuts, raisins and pineapple. Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on cooling grid and invert on grid to cool.
Melt Candy Melts according to directions. Allow to cool slightly, stirring occasionally (don't let it harden). In mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese (preferably with a flat beater) until smooth and creamy. Gradually beat in the cooled candy until blended and smooth. Beat in the butter and lemon juice.
Smooth a small amount of icing on bottom cake layer; top side up. Top with second layer bottom side up. Frost cake with remaining icing.
Refrigerate until ready to serve; bring to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.