Carnation Spotlight Mini-Cake
Perch gum-tex carnations atop petit fours for a flirty finish. Use the narrow end of a 2A Round Decorating Tip to create see-through dots in banner-like wraps cut from tinted fondant.
- Easy-Add Leaf Green Icing Color Add to shopping list Leaf Green Icing Color
- Easy-Add Violet Icing Color Add to shopping list Violet Icing Color
- Easy-Add Brown Icing Color Add to shopping list Brown Icing Color
- Easy-Add Rose Icing Color Add to shopping list Rose Icing Color
- Easy-Add Royal Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Royal Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Red-Red Icing Color Add to shopping list Red-Red Icing Color
Ready-To-Use Gum Paste (1 pk. makes about 30 carnations)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant (1 oz. per treat)Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Premium White Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Premium White Candy Melts® Candy
Each Mini-Cake Serves 1
- Easy-Add 13 x 9 x 2 in. Oblong Pan Add to shopping list 13 x 9 x 2 in. Oblong Pan
- Easy-Add Cookie Sheet Add to shopping list Cookie Sheet
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Tip: 2A Add to shopping list Tip: 2A
- Easy-Add 9 in. Fondant Roller Add to shopping list 9 in. Fondant Roller
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Fondant Shaping Foam Set Add to shopping list Fondant Shaping Foam Set
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add 101 Cookie Cutters Set Add to shopping list 101 Cookie Cutters Set
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
In advance: Make gum paste carnations per linked technique.
Bake and cool 2 in. high sheet cake using firm-textured batter like pound cake. Cut cakes using smallest round cookie cutter as cutting guide. Set cakes on cooling grid over drip pan. Cover with melted candy; chill until firm.
Tint fondant and roll out 1/8 in. thick. Cut 2 x 7 in. strips but do not lift. Cut and remove dots using narrow end of tip 2A. Lift strips and brush backs with damp brush; wrap around petits fours and smooth seams. Attach carnation to each using dot of melted candy.
* Combine Violet with Rose and a little Royal Blue for violet shown.
* Combine Brown with Red-Red for brown shown.