Carnation Sensation Cake
- Easy-Add Sky Blue Icing Color Add to shopping list Sky Blue Icing Color
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
Cake serves 20 for parties; 24 for weddings.
- Easy-Add 8 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 8 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Tip: 10 Add to shopping list Tip: 10
- Easy-Add Tip: 12 Add to shopping list Tip: 12
- Easy-Add Cake Circles Add to shopping list Cake Circles
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Veining tool
- Modeling tool
- Foam squares
- Easy-Add Decorator Brush Set Add to shopping list Decorator Brush Set
- Easy-Add Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Wide Glide™ Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add 6 in. Lollipop Sticks Add to shopping list 6 in. Lollipop Sticks
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Monogram pattern in your favorite font
- Waxed paper
At least 3 days in advance: Make 20 white gum paste following course instructions. Make extras to allow for breakage and let dry.
Also: Make monogram. Make a copy of your favorite font and enlarge for a 5 in. high letter. Roll out gum paste 1/4 in. thick. Using pattern and knife, cut letter. Place on board covered with waxed paper and dusted with cornstarch. For trims, roll out gum paste 1/8 in. thick. Cut dots using narrow end of tip 12. Attach dots to letters with gum paste adhesive. Let dry for 3 to 5 days.
Attach letter to 2 lollipop sticks with thinned fondant adhesive.
Bake and cool 2-layer cake. Prepare for rolled fondant by icing lightly with buttercream. Tint 24 oz. fondant blue. Cover cake and smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out remaining fondant 1/8 in. thick. Using knife, cut 17 strips, 4 x 1/2 in. wide. Cut holes 1/2 in. apart using narrow end of tip 10. Attach to cake sides, 1 in. apart, with adhesive. Attach carnations with adhesive, 1/2 in. below top edge of cake. Insert monogram in cake top.