Carnation Presentation Cake
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use White Rolled Fondant
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Rolled Fondant Neon Colors Multi Pack
- Easy-Add Ready-To-Use Gum Paste Add to shopping list Ready-To-Use Gum Paste
white vegetable shortening
Cake serves 12.
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Square Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Square Pan
- Easy-Add Rolling Pin Add to shopping list Rolling Pin
- Easy-Add Roll-N-Cut Mat Add to shopping list Roll-N-Cut Mat
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother Add to shopping list Easy-Glide Fondant Smoother
- Easy-Add Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter Add to shopping list Round Cut-Outs Fondant Cutter
- Easy-Add 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set Add to shopping list 10-Pc. Fondant/Gum Paste Tool Set
- Easy-Add Dusting Pouch Add to shopping list Dusting Pouch
- Easy-Add Shaping Foam Add to shopping list Shaping Foam
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
In advance: Make flowers. Roll out gum paste less than 1/16 in. thick. Make at least 25 gum paste carnations. Let dry.
Tint white fondant pink using a very small amount of neon fondant. Prepare and cover 2-layer cake with fondant; smooth with Fondant Smoother. Roll out additional pink fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut 20 strips 1/4 in. wide, in varying lengths. Attach strips to cake sides, 1 in. apart, with gum glue adhesive. Roll 1/8 in. diameter balls and attach to strips with gum glue adhesive. For bottom border, roll out white fondant 1/8 in. thick. Cut circles using smallest round Cut-Out. Roll into 3/8 in. diameter balls and attach for bottom border. Position carnations on cake top, securing with small pieces of pink fondant and gum glue adhesive.
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more