Carnation Celebration Cake
Ruffled ribbon roses add a springtime touch to this pretty tiered cake. Flowers and stripes are easily made using Sugar Sheets!, giving this cake a professional touch.
- Easy-Add Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Bright Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper Add to shopping list Light Pink Sugar Sheets Edible Decorating Paper
- Easy-Add Piping Gel Add to shopping list Piping Gel
- Easy-Add Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™ Add to shopping list Orchid Pink Pearl Dust™
- Easy-Add Pink Candy Melts® Candy Add to shopping list Pink Candy Melts® Candy
Cake serves 40
- Easy-Add Single Shape Punch Set Add to shopping list Single Shape Punch Set
- Easy-Add Layered Circles Cutting Insert Add to shopping list Layered Circles Cutting Insert
- Easy-Add Rotary Cutter Add to shopping list Rotary Cutter
- Easy-Add Brush Set Add to shopping list Brush Set
- Easy-Add Parchment Triangles Add to shopping list Parchment Triangles
- Easy-Add 6 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 6 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add 10 x 2 in. Round Pan Add to shopping list 10 x 2 in. Round Pan
- Easy-Add Cooling Grid Add to shopping list Cooling Grid
- Easy-Add Spatula Add to shopping list Spatula
- Easy-Add Fanci-Foil Wrap Add to shopping list Fanci-Foil Wrap
- Easy-Add Cake Board Add to shopping list Cake Board
- Easy-Add 12 in. Round Silver Cake Base Add to shopping list 12 in. Round Silver Cake Base
- Easy-Add Wooden Dowel Rods Add to shopping list Wooden Dowel Rods
- Easy-Add Tip: 6 Add to shopping list Tip: 6
Using punch with Large Circle Cutting Insert, punch 13 circles from Bright Pink Sugar Sheets!
Using Rotary Cutter, cut strips, 8 long x 1 in. wide, from Light Pink Sugar Sheets! Make 13 small and three large (two strips each) ruffled ribbon roses. Using scissors, trim base of each rose. Paint edges of roses with orchid pink Pearl Dust mixed with lemon extract. Using melted candy in parchment bag, attach small roses to large circles. Let set overnight.
Bake and cool two-layer 6 in. and 10 in. cakes. Ice smooth with white buttercream. Place cakes on foil-wrapped board and base. Prepare for stacked construction.
Using Rotary Cutter, cut 26 strips, 4 long x 1 in. wide, from Light Pink Sugar Sheets! Attach 10 strips to top tier and 16 strips to bottom tier with piping gel, spacing each 1 in. apart. Attach flower background circles to alternating strips with piping gel.
Using tip 6 and buttercream, pipe bead border around both cake tiers. Attach three large ruffled ribbon roses to top of cake with buttercream.